HI, I AM
Welcome to my Website
Dedicated, focused and results-driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and five years of experience in advising international corporations and promoting complex products. Passionate about hospitality, food, digitalisation, start-ups and entrepreneurship with “hands-on” experience in marketing and developing business.
Full Name: Philip Silvan Moser
Domicile: Basel, Switzerland
Date of Birth: 28.04.1987
MANAGER SALES, MARKETING AND SUSTAINABILITY, GAIA HOTEL BASEL
February 2020 - today
Acquisition and support of B2B customers like travel managers, travel agencies and tourism organisations
Online marketing, PR and communication
Yield management and promotion of special offers
Implementation of sustainability initiatives and acquisition of labels and certifications
Member of the management board
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SENIORS@WORK
April 2019 – September 2019
Redefining business model and strategy
Presenting business idea to potential partners
PR work, writing of newsletters, media articles and other promotional material
Quantitative and qualitative market research
Acquisition of clients and key-partners and providing customer support
Segmentation of customers and developing according to marketing strategies
STARTUP ACADEMY BASEL
The start-up academy Basel is a coworking space in Basel Switzerland where young companies have the possibility to subscribe to a coaching program. I supported the start-ups by evaluating business plans and doing research for example for potential partners or market opportunities. In addition, I helped with the organization and execution of the Swiss qualification of the Climatelaunchpad 2018.
PROJECT MANAGER INTERNATIONAL MARKETS & PROMOTION, BASELAREA.SWISS
January 2017 – January 2018
Market responsibilities for UK, LATAM, and selected European countries
International promotion of the Basel Region as attractive business location
Advising clients on establishment procedures and business conditions in Switzerland
Organizing fact finding missions for international clients
Organizing roadshows in the UK to promote the Basel Region
Customer acquisition (cold calls, e-mail marketing, attending conferences)
Deputy real estate and event manager
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER INTERNATIONAL MARKETS & PROMOTION, BASELAREA.SWISS
March 2013 – December 2016
Responsible for knowledge management and business intelligence
Market responsible for UK
Preparation of content for marketing materials
Internal process optimization
Research for clients about potential partners, suppliers, clients and real estate
Deputy event and real estate manager
INTERN ECONOMIC PROMOTION,
December 2012 - February 2013
Support of senior project managers
Research of relevant topics for clients
Preparation of presentations and communication material
Organization of fact finding missions
TRAINEE PR/SPONSORING, COOP
April 2012 – September 2012
On-site responsible at Coop Beachtour and other events such as Coop Openair Kino.
Support of project managers
Creation of content for the website and communication tools
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
February 2018 - September 2019
Master Thesis: Quick Knowledge Acquisition for Entering the Dutch Food and Beverage Market: a multiple Case Study of three potential "Born Globals" from the DACH Region
Grade: 5.5 ("very good" according to the Swiss grading system)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
WITH SPECIALISATION IN TOURISM & TRANSPORT
September 2008 - September 2011
Bachelor Thesis: Optimisation of the Complaint Management of a Swiss Public Transport Company
Grade: 5.5 ("very good" according to the Swiss grading system)
- Open-minded, self-driven and enthusiastic professional with a very positive attitude
- Quick learner with an excellent general education and many different interests
- Diplomatic negotiator with outstanding empathy and understanding of people's needs, motivations, and cultures
- Strategic thinker with a creative streak
- Technical affinity and quick adopter of digital tools
- Multilingual, fluent in German, English, and Spanish
- Quantitative and qualitative market research
- Customer segmentation and market definition
- Definition of target groups and execution according marketing measures
- Content creation for websites, social media, newsletters, media articles, and other PR material
- Conceptualization and execution of e-mail marketing campaigns
- Creation of sales pitches and presentations
- Event management
- Business model creation
- Business plan writing
- Creation of business model CANVAS
- Design thinking
- SWOT analysis
- Creation of business strategies
- Analytical evaluation of potential growth opportunities
- Evaluation of potential customers and partners for the value creation
- Creation of sales strategy and development of sales funnel
- Management of own projects with international customers
- Business advisory of high-level b2b customers
- Presentation of products, services and complex procedures (e.g. taxes, company establishment, work permissions)
- Research of facts & figures, analysis of research reports, studies and trends, knowledge management
- Collaboration with various stakeholders such as service providers, associations and authorities
- Organization of fact-finding missions in collaboration with various stakeholders and partners such as service providers, associations, research institutes and authorities
SWISS GERMAN / GERMAN
Swiss German is a very strong German dialect, which is just used in oral communication. Thus, I consider both Swiss German and German as my mother tongues.
Advanced user (C1) and daily on use of the language at work and university.
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
Cambridge FIRST Certificate
4 weeks of language course in Brighton UK
2 weeks of language course in Cambridge UK
Regular use due to family connections in Spain and Chile. Estimated level of C1.
4 weeks of language course in Santo Domingo, Costa Rica
4 weeks of language course in Jaco, Costa Rica
4 weeks of language course in Cartagena, Colombia
Basic knowledge of the French language.
Le Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française (DELF)
2 weeks of language course in Nice, FR
COMPUTING AND DIGITALIZATION
I am interested in the latest technologies and I love to try out new tools, programs, and online services. I enjoy reading about trends and future perspectives related to digitalization. Moreover, I often use to philosophize about the future of society and humankind.
DIFFERENT CULTURES AND TRAVELLING
I enjoy traveling around the world, experiencing different cultures and meeting new people. I'm an aviation fan, but I'm increasingly reflecting on travel habits and thinking about the future and alternative ways of traveling.
This picture was taken in Papua, Indonesia at the "Joint Meeting on Innovation and Leadership and Competency Development of Civil Servant for Papua Development" where a got the chance to hold a presentation about the potential of bread fruit products in Europe.
FOOD, COOKING AND CULINARY ARTS
I love to cook and I appreciate high-quality foods and beverages. I am interested in food production and the origin of the products I use in my kitchen and it is my passion to discover new ingredients and techniques and I admire great chefs. Besides, I enjoy eating out, testing restaurants, and tasting different dishes from all over the world.
This picture shows a dish I enjoyed at Restaurant Stucki Basel. This restaurant is run by Tanja Grandits, one of the best female chefs worldwide, and decorated with two Michelin Stars.
I am a passionate runner and I regularly take part in competitions. Also, I go to the gym, I play tennis and on warm summer days, I enjoy swimming.
In this picture I am crossing the finish line of the Sempachersee Lauf a 10km running competition in Switzerland.
I regularly paint landscapes and like to photograph.
Here you can see one of my paintings of Llanes, Asturias, Spain.
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”